+420 774 12 85 13
Nabosotours s.r.o., Bílka 33, Bořislav
TRAUMA INFORMED YOGA TEACHER TRAINING Building Resilience
(50 Hours - registered with the Yoga Alliance)
Leading researchers in the ﬁeld of PTSD, like Peter Levine Phd. and Dr. Van Der Kolk, often cite yoga as an effective healing tool for those suffering from the aftermath of a traumatic event(s). In this program, we will explore WHY yoga is such an effective tool to regain a healthy sense of Self after life’s challenging moments.
A growing body of research supports what yogis have known since ancient times. Yoga helps to:
• Reset the nervous system - facilitating our capacity for RESILIENCE
• Concentrate the mind in the here and now, liberating you from the unchangeable past and the unpredictable future
• Transform the energy of pain into a powerful force that carries you past the act of passive coping into the realm of thriving
• Untangle the impressions left by a distressed mind from the tissues of the body Who is This Program Good For?
This program is open to people who:
• Would like to understand the nature of trauma for their own personal development
• To healthcare providers like psychotherapists, social workers, or parol ofﬁcers, that would like to incorporate yoga techniques into their practice
• To yoga teachers, who would like to expand their already existing knowledge, to serve these speciﬁc populations.
• What is Resilience? • What is trauma and when does it become PTSD?
• How does trauma impact society?
• History of trauma therapy
• What do yoga and psychotherapy have in common?
• Approaches to Healing - Top down and bottom up
• How does trauma affect the nervous system?
• Chakras and Myofascial Memory - How is trauma stored in the tissues of the body?
• Polyvagal Theory - Dr. Porges
• The Window of Tolerance, the Gunas, and theory of Yin and Yang
• How we can use the Five Elements (Wuxing) to understand and heal PTSD?
• Mindfulness - meditation as a path to understanding
• Buddhism, non-attachment and the power of Presence
• Techniques to avoid triggering your students/patients.
• Coming home - grounding, orienting and healing dissociation
• Letting go of guilt and shame
• Special considerations while working with speciﬁc populations ( youth, women, veterans, prisoners etc)
• Sequences and techniques (postures, breath work and visualization) for people at various stages of healing and integration
Building resilience requires a supportive and safe environment and Homestead Lozice is perfect for this type of exploration. Lozice is a small, family run farm and spiritual centre, two hours outside of Prague, in the Košumbersk district.
The farm makes its own sourdough bread and their very own goat cheese*. All the vegetables are local sourced and our meals are shared around a huge family style table.
The surrounding area is the kind of nature that one can get lost in. Fields and forests are mother natures warm embrace. June is a beautiful month in Czech Republic, and part of this program will include time in nature to reﬂect and integrate. Life slows down in places like this, and the realm for healing expands.
We will be an intimate group of 14 people with shared accommodations, and simple living arrangements. Booking will be made on a ﬁrst come ﬁrst serve basis.
Room One - 5 people
Room two - 6 people
Angela Jervis-Read E-RYT 500 has been immersed in the world of yoga since 1998. She stumbled upon the science while seeking out a way to manage her chronic back pain. Within a only a few months of practising her physical pain and to her surprise her attitude towards life shifted dramatically. Awakening to the many ways that yoga can help a student transform ignited her passion to be a well rounded yoga teacher. Yoga is place where many subjects combine - studying the body and the mind from both the Eastern and Western perspectives defines her comprehensive approach to mental and physical wellbeing.
Sought out by studios around the globe, Angela leads international teacher trainings, retreats and workshops in Yin Yoga, dynamic Vinyasa, Meditation and Eastern Philosophy.
Inspirations both and on and off the mat are: Alan Florence, Jeannine Woodall, Hali Schwartz, Sarah Powers, Tom Myers, Rishi Sudhir and S.N. Goenka of the Vipassana tradition. She makes her home in Toronto with the love of her life and her two sweet dogs.
CK Naboso tours